There are more than enough shots to go around in communities such as Hartsville, Tenn., the seat of Trousdale County, a quiet town tucked in the wooded hills northeast of Nashville. It's a county that is nearly 90% white and where Donald Trump won nearly 75% of the votes in 2020. There was no special planning to reach underserved communities here, other than the inmates at the state prison, which experienced one of the nation's largest correctional facility outbreaks of COVID-19. But now...
The Latest from NPR Politics
- Biden Welcomes Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga To White House
- What New Sanctions Will Mean For The U.S. And Russia's Relationship
- Week In Politics: Biden Announces Russia Sanctions, Troop Pullout From Afghanistan
- UVA Initiative Looks At Our Relationship With Statues And Memorials
- Can Biden Join FDR And LBJ In The Democratic Party's Pantheon?