Lion men need win to keep pace in LSC race
The A&M-Commerce men's basketball team looks to right the ship after a pair of losses with a road trip to tipoff at Cameron Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. in Aggie Gymnasium.
Fast-break Points About A&M-Commerce
- The Lions saw their six-game winning streak come to a close with a 79-63 loss at No. 8 Angelo State then dropped their second straight game, 77-73, to No. 12 Tarleton State in their last game ... The loss to TSU was the first home loss of the season.
- The Lions were ranked in the NABC Top 25 poll for the 26th time in program history ... Last ranking since No. 25 on December 3, 2013.
- Darrell Williams leads the LSC with 13 double-doubles, in scoring 17.2 points per game, rebounds 11.9 rebounds per game -- only player averaging a double-double.
- Williams has grabbed 15 plus rebounds in six games this season and 20 plus rebounds twice during the year ... He is one of only two NCAA DII players with two 20-rebound games.
- A&M-Commerce fell 104-101 at DBU in OT on November 24 ... The Lions were 50-of-65 from the free throw line ... Both were school records while the 50 makes tied the highest mark in the LSC ... LaDon Carnegie was 18-of-23 for school records in both.
- The Lions are the NCAA's leader defensive rebounds, eighth in total rebounds, ninth in FG percentage defense, tenth in FTs made, 11th in FTs attempted and 15th in rebounding margin.
- Williams is ranked fifth in the NCAA in double-doubles with 13 ... Williams is also fourth in the NCAA in total rebounds, fifth in rebounds per game, seventh in defensive rebounds per game and 11th in offensive rebounds per game ...LaDon Carnegie is third in the LSC in scoring at 16.2 ppgs.
-A&M-Commerce has had an LSC Player of the Week in each of the first four weeks of the season ... Darrell Williamshas won one offensive POTW and two straight defensive POTW awards ... LaDon Carnegie was named offensive of POTW once ... Williams followed with his second offensive player of the week on January 12.
- The Lions are coached by Sam Walker ... Walker is in his 15th season with A&M-Commerce and is the school's all-time winningest coach with an overall of 240-177 ... He has complied a 98-91 record in LSC games.
A&M-Commerce vs. Cameron: The Series
- The Lions and Aggies have met 46 times prior to Wednesday's contest with A&M-Commerce holding a 26-20 advantage in the all-time series ... The two teams have also met 29 times in LSC games with Cameron holding a 14-15 advantage.
- The Lions won the first meeting this season, 86-53 in Commerce on January 14 ... The largest margin in a Lions win in the series ... The Lions have now won back-to-back games vs. Cameron snapping of streak of six losses in seven games.
- A&M-Commerce has not won on the road in Lawton since the 2009-10 season a 76-68 win.
About the Aggies
- Cameron is coming off of an 88-77 loss to Midwestern State ... The Aggies have dropped five of their last six games ... The lone win during the streak was a 78-71 win at home against Kingsville ... Cameron is 7-3 at home this season.
- Deondre Ray leads the Aggies in scoring at 14.9 points per game while shooting 50 percent from the floor and 37 percent from behind the arc ... Three other players average double-digits with Desmond Henry at 11.5 points per game.
- Cameron is second in the league in FG percentage ... Cameron Lee leads the LSC in 3-pt field goal percentage.