- Today was a beautiful early spring day across Northeast Texas, but we’ve got wintry weather headed our way on Friday. Tonight, mostly clear skies with lows in the low to mid 30s. Friday, increasingly cloudy, temperatures rising to around 40. There’s a 70 percent chance for rain beginning around noon. By about 3 o’clock tomorrow afternoon, rain turning to snow, with temperatures around 30. Snow likely in the late afternoon and early evening tomorrow, but very little snow accumulation expected.
- It will be windy on Friday, with wind from the north, 15 to 20 MPH, gusting to 40. A winter weather advisory will be in effect across most of the KETR listening area tomorrow, including Collin, Hunt, Rains, Hokpins, and all counties north of those.
- Friday night, clearing skies and cold, with lows in the low 20s. Still windy, with northwesterly winds around 15 MPH, gusting to 35. Bitterly cold wind chill values expected early Saturday morning.
- During the day Saturday, sunny with highs in the low 50s. Wind finally calming down by midday Saturday.
- Coming up for you this weekend on KETR, it’s the NCAA Division II Regional Basketball Tournament. Tomorrow afternoon, the Texas A&M University-Commerce Lions women’s team will tip off against Colorado School of Mines at 2:30 p.m. Friday. The game is being played at West Texas A&M University in Canyon. On Saturday, the A&M-Commerce men will compete against Lubbock Christian University in a game played at Lubbock Christian. 5 p.m. tipoff for the Lion men on Saturday. You can find details and much more at Lion Athletics dot com.