© 2023 88.9 KETR
Public Radio for Northeast Texas
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations

Greenville girl's 2001 dissapearance remains a mystery

Huffington Post

GREENVILLE - Another melancholy anniversary has come and gone since the May 1, 2001 disappearance of Sarah Elizabeth Kinslow, who was 14-years-old the last time her parents saw her.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, Sarah’s mother Louise said, "Somebody out there knows something and I just wish they would come forward."

She went missing moments after her father had dropped her off for school. A tracking dog was only able to follow the girl’s scent two blocks from the school before it ended in the middle of the street. Kinslow’s parents would learn their daughter was supposed to skip school with her friends that day and meet up at nearby East Mount Cemetery.

Although there’ve been two reported sightings of Kinslow since her disappearance, none have been confirmed. The most recent was December 25 when neighbors said they thought they saw her in a car near Quinlan.

Authorities also questioned Kinslow’s boyfriend, Curtis Wayne Bell, 18 at the time, who denied being with her in the weeks following the disappearance.

In a strange twist, Bell was arrested for aggravated sexual assault of a child just six days after Kinslow had gone missing. Bell’s probation was revoked this past April and he was sentenced to nine years in prison. 

Kinslow’s parents were notified in 2010 by an anonymous person that Sarah had been killed and disposed of in a rock quarry that is full of water. But her mother says no search has been conducted, the Huffington Post's David Lohr reports.

Louise Kinslow added, “I do not believe she is alive.”

Anyone with information is asked to call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or the Greenville Police Department at 903-457-2900.

This youtube video portrays a playful Sarah Kinslow through numerous images and home videos.