Buried Episode 07: A Well Under A Shed
A Hunt County detective identifies a person of interest in Carey Mae Parker's disappearance: Her dad.
In June 2013, Carey Mae Parker's sister traveled to the Hunt Co. Sheriff's Office to retrieve documents related to her sister's arrest in February 1991.
During Patricia's visit, the detective assigned to Carey's case, Sgt. Jeff Haines, conducts an extensive interview that touches upon rumors about Howard, Carey's father.
Haines relates a source's claim that Howard murdered Carey and buried her in a cemetery plot reserved for her mother and children. Patricia uncovers records showing that Howard didn't own any of the plots until 1995.
During the interview, Haines eventually asks Patricia if she had anything to do with Carey's disapperance. That question and his refusal to provide vehicle information to Patricia fractures an already contentious relationship.
Patricia also tells Haines that her father admitted to killing at least one person and burying him in an unfinished well near his home in the Waco Bay area of Lake Tawakoni. Neighbors say the area has never been searched.
- Office of the Attorney General's 2013 open records decision
- Hunt County's 2013 request to Office of the Attorney General
- Howard Parker's 2004 waiver of right to cancel funeral contract
- Howard Parker's 2002 statement of cemetery ownership record
- Howard Parker's 1997 credit sale disclosure statement