An uplifting Christmas special celebrating Black classical music and choral traditions.
A Soulful Christmas is an uplifting, relevant display of Black music in the classical, gospel, spiritual, and jazz-inspired style. This special celebrates the non-idiomatic Black classical music, while exploring non-idiomatic choral traditions.
Guests will include:
- D’Walla Simmons-Burke, director of Choral Activities at Winston-Salem State University
- Jason Max Ferdinand, conductor, ‘The Aeolians’
- Dr. David Morrow, director of Choral Activities at Morehouse College
- Dr. Tony McNeil, director of Choral Activities at Clinton College
- Dr. Brittany Boykin, assistant professor of music at Georgia Tech