Sept. 29 Evening Newscast
Volunteer organizers helped Texans register to vote across the state today as part of National Voter Registration Day.
- Voting advocacy groups were among those helping Texans register to vote today, national Voter Registration Day.
- The Nov. 2 general election in Texas will include eight proposed amendments to the state constitution.
- Voter turnout in elections such as this year's, in which no national offices are contested, is typically low.
- The last day to register to vote in the general election is Monday, Oct. 4.
- In Paris, police are investigating the shooting death of a 35-year-old man.
- A Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot clinic will continue on the campus of Texas A&M University-Commerce Thursday.